Friday, March 1, 2019

We Made A Decision!     
What’s up guys, I have put in quite some thought into deciding on the plot and genre of my film. Although I have done a lot of genre research. I am really considering focusing on drama. One of my group members (Layla) did a lot of research regarding Drama films and conventions. I’ll leave a link to her blog. Recently in class, I participated in a group discussion where members from different groups would meet up and discuss their projects and give constructive criticism to one another. At first I thought it was going to be pointless and that no one was going to talk, but it turned out to be the complete opposite. These group meetings were actually super useful! In the group I was in, we went around in a circle talking about what we each wanted to do with our films or magazines and talked about any problems we had. It really helped to get a different perspective on what I was thinking.
    Anyways, going into the group meetings, I wasn’t sure what to talk about. I honestly had no clue what I wanted the plot to be, let alone the what the genre should be. However, because of the group meetings, I think I have a goop idea of what I want to do now. Before that, I am going to discuss what my group members, Alan and Layla, found out. Alan proposed the idea of a horror film that is about this person doing a live stream on a website like Twitch where they play a board game and end up getting sucked into it. It’s like a combination of the films “Unfriended” and “Jumanji”. At first, it seemed like an interesting idea, but I don’t feel like it would be as entertaining as I would like and just wouldn’t appeal to the audience because the idea it somewhat like "Jumanji". "Jumanji" is just so popular and well done that our film with such a similar idea would never compare. Next, Layla mentioned her idea was about two strangers who switched bodies and they don’t know whose body they're in and the rest of the film would be about them having to figure out who they are and how to switch bodies back. I liked this idea more because I feel like the film opening would be more enticing and would draw in the audience better. Lastly, my idea was about two kids who were in love when they were younger but end up going their own ways as they grow up and leave school. They end up meeting each other randomly a while into their future. They both want to rekindle their love and romance but the man is married with kids. So the film would be about the male and female trying to deal with their love while dealing with external conflicts.
    My group members and I discussed our ideas and talked about which ones we liked best. In the end, we decided on going with Layla’s idea about the two people switching bodies. First of all, it seemed like it would be fun to film and would also appeal to our target audience best which is teens to young twenty year-olds. My group and I are going to be working on a storyboard and go into more detail about our film opening and the direction we want to take this film. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment